Monday, January 30, 2012

Apologies and Shameless Pandering

            My sincerest apologies to the four or five of you who check this page on a regular basis.  There won’t be an update this week because I’ve had a bunch of stuff going on (including the release of a new novella from Permuted Press, The Junkie Quatrain —check it out) and I just haven’t been able to put enough work in this excerpt to make it camera-ready.

            Part of it is because I’m going big for the last two episodes and trying to design a fairly elaborate set for them.  Not just elaborate, but pretty huge, too.  It’s already covering half the table and it’s still not done.  Heck, I’m not even sure my camera’s going to be able to pull off the shots I’m hoping for.  I guess we’ll all see in the weeks to come.

            In the meantime, for your enjoyment, I tossed together something that’s not exactly Lovecraft-related, but does tie into that whole nineteen-teens-twenties-noir feel so many of his stories have.  To be exact, the pulp era.

            So here’s the Shadow beating up some gangsters.  If I’d had a little more time, I would’ve made it down at the docks with some fog.  Maybe I’ll do that next time I need a quick fill-in.


No comments:

Post a Comment